What Kind Am I?
About the What Kind Am I? Lesson
This is a short review lesson about the four types of sentences, including examples.
• to provide short definitions and examples of sentence types;
• to provide a review exercise to test understanding of sentence types.
Do you remember? There are four kinds of sentence:
1. TELLING SENTENCES tell a fact or make a statement. They end with a period.
? Benjamin Franklin started the first library.
2. ASKING SENTENCES ask a question. They often begin with asking words such as
who, what, and where. Asking sentences end with a question mark.
? Did Benjamin Franklin really fly a kite in a storm?
3. COMMAND SENTENCES command someone to do something. Like telling
sentences, they end with a period.
? Come out of the rain, Benjamin.
4. EXCLAMATORY SENTENCES show great emotion or excitement. They end with an