About the Sportsmanship Lesson
To introduce competition and sportsmanship to students.
• Students will understand sportsmanship and why it is important.
• Students will learn about competition and what it means to compete.
• Students will learn the proper ways to conduct themselves when they compete.
2. Discuss what it means to compete. Give examples of ways in which they may currently compete in Physical Education class, at recess or on a traveling team.
3. Ask students to define sportsmanship.
4. Discuss what it means to be a good sport. What does it look like when we consider someone a good sport? Present ways in which they can demonstrate good sportsmanship.
5. Ask for examples of times either they or someone else demonstrated good sportsmanship during competition.