Reading, Plot, Identifying Problem and Solution
About the Reading, Plot, Identifying Problem and Solution Lesson
The students will read a short story and identify the problem and solution by highlighting it in the text and by summarizing in their own words.
• The student will be able to identify the problem in a story.
• The student will be able to identify the solution in a story.
• The student will be able to write the problem and solution in their own words
Copies of the reading worksheet
Highlighter- any color
1. Explain to students that most stories have a problem and a solution. Problems and solutions make stories more interesting.
2. They are going to read a short story. As they read, try to find the problem in the story and then see how that problem is solved.
3. Once you are sure of the problem in the story, use your highlighter to show where the problem comes up in the story.