Using Personal Pronouns
About the Using Personal Pronouns Lesson
This is an introductory lesson in using personal pronouns.
• to introduce the concept of personal pronouns;
• to provide a list personal pronouns that can be used as subject or object;
• to explain the characteristics of subject pronouns and object pronouns;
• to introduce subject-object pronoun pairs;
• to review five ways a personal pronoun can be used in a sentence.
What is a pronoun? A pronoun is a word that takes the place of a noun. You have learned that nouns name any person, place, or thing. Pronouns stand for people or things too. The difference is that pronouns do not name them.
Personal pronouns take the place of nouns that name people or sometimes things. They can be used as either the subject or the object in a sentence.