A introductory lesson about using exclamatory sentences and how to punctuate them.
• to introduce the exclamatory sentence;
to introduce the exclamation mark;
to give a short review of sentence types and examples of exclamatory sentences.
to provide an exercise to test Students understanding.
There are four kinds of sentences:
1. Telling sentences tell us something or state a fact.
2. Asking sentences ask a question.
3. Command sentences command or tell someone to do something.
4. Exclamatory sentences show excitement or another strong emotion.
Exclamatory sentences often need special punctuation. For example
? Someone call 911!
? The field is on fire!
? Firemen are amazing!
? It?s snowing!