About the Conjunctions Lesson
Introduction to conjunctions.
• Students will be able to state the definition of a coordinating conjunction.
• Students will be able to name the four coordinating conjunctions.
• Students will recognize and use conjunctions correctly in sentences.
1. Read lesson and discuss examples.
2. Allow students time to complete the exercises.
3. Discuss answers to exercises.
A conjunction is a word that connects words or groups of words to each other. Here are some common conjunctions:
and or but so
These words are called coordinating conjunctions because they connect equal parts of a sentence.
When you want to join words or phrases together, use the conjunction and.
Lisa and Miguel are coming with us.
She went to the store and bought some new shoes.