Geometry: Area & Perimeter
About the Geometry: Area & Perimeter Lesson
Teach the students the meaning of the terms area and perimeter and learn how to calculate them.
• The student will be able to define the terms area and perimeter.
• The student will be able to calculate simple areas and perimeters.
• The student will be able to draw simple shapes on a grid and calculate the area and perimeter.
• The student will complete an area and perimeter worksheet with 75% accuracy.
Square pattern blocks (5 per student)
Copy of garden worksheet
1. Tell a story about a rabbit in a garden, similar to Peter Rabbit.
I have a garden in my yard. I just love the taste of fresh beans, so I have planted a lot of beans. They were just starting to sprout and had about 2 leaves on each tiny stem, when I noticed that something was eating the leaves. It was a baby bunny and I knew that if there was one bunny, there would soon be more. What do you think I should do to keep the bunnies from eating my beans? I don?t want to hurt the bunnies, but I want to have fresh beans.