About the Adverbs Lesson
Learn about adverbs.
• Students will be able to state the definition of an adverb and tell which parts of speech they modify.
• Students will be able to recognize adverbs and distinguish them from other parts of speech.
• Students will recognize adverbs of time and adverbs of frequency.
1. Read lesson and discuss examples.
2. Allow students time to complete the exercises.
3. Discuss answers to exercises.
Like adjectives, adverbs are words that give more information about other words. The difference is that adverbs describe verbs, adjectives, and other adverbs while adjectives describe nouns and pronouns. Adverbs give information about time, frequency and manner. They tell how something is done or how often it is done. They also tell when something is done. For example, in the sentence
Sue runs quickly